Image by @isaacmsmith
List of Useful Tools and Resources for .NET Performance, which I found useful.
The Performance Resources Curated List by Adam Sitnik will provide you most tools you will ever need.
- Performance Resources
PerfView script to run in non-dev environments.
$currentDateTime=Get-Date -Format "MM-dd-yyyy HH-mm-ss"
.\perfview64 collect -LogFile="perfviewlog$currentDateTime.log" -DataFile="perfviewetl$currentDateTime.etl" -AcceptEula -MaxCollectSec:500 -FocusProcess="w3wp.exe"
Write-Output "Done but perfview is still running it will stop collecting after value of seconds provided in -MaxCollectSec"
- Pro Net Memory Management By Konrad Kokosa
- ETW Documentation
- Command-line environment a-la WinDbg for executing SOS commands without having SOS available.
- Test Query without running full-blown Load Test Tool
- Common Pitfalls writing scalable services
- Logman built-in windows tool to query ETW providers
- DotMemory by JetBrains
- Sentry Free SQL Plan Explorer
- Prefix - Free Version only under local IIS
- SQL First Responder Kit